Dashboard 3.0.0 (build 2016032400)
Code prechecksHTML | XML
1.9 as branch MOODLE_19_STABLE (Status : RELEASE)
2.2 as branch master (Status : BETA)
Dashboard element block
the dashboard element block is of use with flexible Moodle page formats allowing free setup of the page layout using blocks.
It implements a "dashboard element" capable to plot and render in many graphic output formats any result of a complex query presented to the Moodle database (or an eventual external PostGre schema).
Given a full query, the dashboard block mashes up :
Data table output
- Linear (records) data table
- Tabular (cross dimension) tables
- Treeview (on hierarchical mapped results)
Graphic plotting using JQPlot
- Line graphs
- Bar graphs
- Pie graphs
- Donuts graphs
Geographic plotting (using GoogleMaps API)
- Google Maps + query data plotting
- Possibility to change icons and plor mutiple class data using course files
- Geocoding requests to Google handled (up to 2500 per day) with static long term caching => Will evolve
Time special plotting : Integrating SIMILE Timeline plugin
- Plot on a timeline plugin of "instant" and "time duration" events
- possibility of setting up color classes for events
- possibility to customize "instant" pin icons from course files => Will evolve
Data output additional features
- Data output formatting (using sprintf formatting)
- Filters (selecting output or query fields for filtering)
- Summators : displaying computed sums of output fields
- Cumulative mode : Produces cumulative sum of a field without extra query
- Data colouring and marking (on tables) using comparison formulas (ex: %% == 0 )
- Mappable Labels for ALL query field names
- Result caching (programmable retension delay)
- Croned refresh of cache
- Instance adjustable refresh mode or global cron settings
Deploy the block in Moodle/blocks as usual
Activate notifications to install the data model
Create a course, better a flexipage or paged format course if available
Add a Dashboard block and write a query
Define output fields, output modes, output labels... and discover features....
Get the VFLibs libraries package at https://github.com/vfremaux/moodle-local_vflibs/archive/MOODLE_30_STABLE.zip and add the content to the moodle/local directory
Those libs are NOT moodle libs but additional public opensource libraries i use in several components as extra framework.
# Install additive for running timelines
@TODO : Review this with better JS provisioning calls
Timeline needs to be post page loading activated. We got some issue to stack onload events on body element. The solution is till now to add a late call to initialisation in footer :
Add this statement :
if (function_exists('timeline_initialize')) timeline_initialize();
As latest possible statement in footer.
Enjoy nice plotting...
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 3.0.0 (build 2016032400)
- Release candidate
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.0
- Latest release for Moodle 3.0
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.