Course overview (legacy)
Blocks ::: block_course_overview
Maintained by Howard Miller
The Course overview block is visible on a user's Dashboard and shows a list of all courses in which a user is enrolled/has an assigned role.
Course overview (legacy) 3.5.5
Moodle 3.5, 3.6, 3.7
Released: Thursday, May 23, 2019, 6:34 PM
Code prechecksHTML | XML
- Couple of minor pull requests
- Quick confirmation that it works with Moodle 3.7
- Missing language strings in settings page
- New instances load in the 'content' area of the Dashboard automagically.
- New option to select default tab
- Performance improvements. User's course list is only loaded once for both tabs.
- Now displays hidden courses (to Teachers et al) as 'dimmed'
- Layout a bit better on legacy Bootstrap 2 themes (e.g. Clean).
- Some support for bootstrapbase themes added
- favourites shown with correct 'star' in course list
- Layout of courses improved using Bootstrap grids
- Option to keep favourites in 'normal' course list added to block settings
- Option to have a fixed sort order for courses tab
- Code tidied up somewhat
- Rendering now using mustache templates
- Course overviews displayed by clicking icon
- Favourites tab added
- Limit on courses displayed and child course display dropped.
- print_overview() still in use (for now)
- Debugging messages raised by using deprecated
print_overview()are not displayed now (the better fix would be to actually remove these calls, but it has to wait for the new maintainer).
- Initial release of this block as a standalone plugin after being removed from Moodle core.
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.