Moodle plugins for Microsoft Services
including Microsoft 365 and other Microsoft services
Microsoft OneNote Assignment Submission Plugin
This plugin provides the functionality related to students working with an assignment in OneNote. This includes creating a OneNote page associated with an assignment submission, saving student's work from OneNote into Moodle as a zip package containing the HTML and any associated images contained in the submission, and recreating the OneNote page from the zip package saved in Moodle if necessary. It uses the Microsoft OneNote API Local plugin to do some of these things.
This plugin follows a design similar to the File submission plugin wherever possible. It uses the API exposed by the local_onenote plugin to perform most of the OneNote-related operations.
Note that the association between an assignment submission in Moodle and the associated OneNote page is loose i.e. the OneNote page may get deleted and it will not affect Moodle since it keeps a copy of the page in a zip package and can always recreate the OneNote page from it.
Use cases supported
- When a student wants to start working on an assignment which allows OneNote submissions, they click on a button in the plugin UI that creates a OneNote page for their submission from the title and prompt of the assignment.
- When the student wants to save their work back in Moodle, they click on a save button in the plugin UI, which results in this plugin downloading the content of the OneNote page, including the HTML and any associated images and zipping them up as a single file and saving it in the Moodle database.
- If the OneNote page associated with an assignment submission gets deleted, the student can still click one a button in the plugin UI that will recreate the OneNote page from the zip package that was saved in Moodle.
assignsubmission_onenote => local_onenote
This plugin adds a radio button to the assignment creation form that allows a teacher to specify that a student may submit their work as a OneNote page.
This plugin also provides a setting for the maximum size in bytes of the OneNote submission.
This is part of the suite of Microsoft 365 plugins for Moodle.
To follow active development on GitHub, or to find historical versions, click here.
This plugin is updated with stable Moodle releases. This means as of October 2022:
- The versions for Moodle 3.11 and 4.0 gets full support. Any new features are guaranteed to be added to these two versions.
- The version for Moodle 3.9 gets security support. New features are not to be added to this version, but some bug fixes may be added.
- All other versions, included the one for Moodle 3.10, are out of support.
Questions and issue reportingGithub should be used for reporting issues found when configuring or using the plugin, and to ask questions. The comments area on this page is not actively monitored.
Before we can accept your pull request, you'll need to electronically complete Microsoft's Contributor License Agreement. If you've done this for other Microsoft projects, then you're already covered.
Why a CLA? (from the FSF)
(c) Microsoft, Inc.
Code for this plugin is licensed under the GPLv3 license.
Any Microsoft trademarks and logos included in these plugins are property of Microsoft and should not be reused, redistributed, modified, repurposed, or otherwise altered or used outside of this plugin.