Annotate PDF advanced
Annotate PDF advanced 2.4 for Moodle 3.7-3.9 (Build: 2021020501)
Annotate PDF advanced, fork of Moodle's standard 'Annotate PDF' plugin for assignment feedback
This plugin is a fork of assignfeedback_editpdf, and is developed and maintained by RISET/University of Lausanne.
Author: Marion Chardon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Compatible with Moodle versions: 3.7-3.9
This tool is a Moodle plugin wich allows:
- a work part:
- to use different correction axes (i.e. groups of tools)
- to use several types of customizable tools: simple annotation, comment, stamp, highlighting, margin annotation, chained annotations
- to have different tool palettes depending on the Moodle context (course, course category, site default)
- to create question / answer interactions with the student
- the student to consult and manage annotations
- to generate a PDF including annotations and questions / answers
- a configuration part:
- to allow configuration of toolbars for a course
- to import existing toolbars into a course
At the moment, sample tools are installed with the plugin and type's tool can be added/modified directly as database records only. Current development will provide an UI for managers and administrators to custom tool's family.
See this wiki page for screenshots.
- Download as a ZIP file
- Extract the ZIP file
- Rename the extracted root directory to 'editpdfplus'
- Copy the 'editpdfplus' directory to your Moodle server into /mod/assign/feedback/
By default, the standard 'Edit PDF' annotation tool will stay active over all your Moodle site. See below for instructions about activating this plugin in select places (courses, course categories), or on your whole Moodle site.
You can test-drive this plugin using the provided annotation tools that come pre-installed, or create your own annotation tool sets (palettes).
Teachers can build their annotation palettes.
See this wiki page for more details about creating new tool palettes.
Activation of the plugin
An administrator profile will be able to give to a course the right to use this plugin or not.
- Create an assignement activity
- Uncheck "standard PDF annotations" feedback type and check "advanced PDF annotations"
The 'Annotate PDF advanced' plugin will then be used in place of the standard 'Annotate PDF' plugin in the corresponding course (or course category).
For usage application, please follow this documentation.
Note: by default, only teacher profile has the right to access to the palettes creation view.
Upcoming developments include: - improve the interface allowing teachers to customize their own annotation tool sets - build an interface for manager and administrator to allow them to manage toolbars and type's tool.
Contributors and Licenses
Copyright: University of Lausanne, RISET Author: Marion Chardon, email@example.com
'Annotate PDF advanced' is a free software released under the GNU GPL licence, version 3.
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Assignment feedbacks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the plugin.
- Place the folder (eg "myassignsubmission") in the "/mod/assign/feedback" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation