Problem restoring and importing courses

Problem restoring and importing courses

by Liz Cross -
Number of replies: 3

We have recently upgraded to 1.9 and are experiencing problems both with importing courses and restoring courses.  The error that we are getting is:

"Could not restore groups in groupings"

To try to get around this I have turned off the groupings feature but we still get the error.  We are getting to the time of the academic year when we need to move an replicate lots of courses and without being able to restore or import we will be really stuck.   For error message in context please see attached screenshot. Can anyone help? Liz

Attachment restore-error2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liz Cross

Re: Problem restoring and importing courses

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Liz,

The problem that you describe sounds like MDL-13942. Please feel free to vote for the issue to be fixed and/or add further comments. (See the tracker documentation if you've not used the tracker previously.)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Liz Cross -
Thanks for the prompt reply.  I have voted for the problem to be fixed on MDL-13942.  Do you have any ideas of how I can get around the problem as there are some restore and import tasks I need to do asap.  A colleague suggested I delete all the groups in the course I want to create the backup from or import from - but this seems a little drastic.
In reply to Liz Cross

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What is the version number of Moodle that you are attempting to import and restore from?