Importing Courses into Moodle

Importing Courses into Moodle

by brian driver -
Number of replies: 2

Hi - I have just installed Moodle and it seems to be working well. However, when I go to phpMyAdmin and try to import a course zip folder (scorm 2004LMS made with CourseLab)) the result is:

"Error in ZIP archive: Compressed size is not equal with the value in header information."

I  was told that there is a plugin for Moodle which adds an extra Admin facility to upload courses through Moodle itself rather than through phpMyAdmin which may work. I have searched and searched Moodle's site for this but can't for the life of me find it!

It would be much appreciated if anyone could tell me where I can find it, or, shed any light on why I am unable to import it via phpMyAdmin. I am very new to php, sql and moodle - my first attempts - so I am assuming that I am doing something wrong rather than assuming that there is a fault/bug with the server or any of the programs etc!

Thanks in advance,

Brian.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to brian driver

Re: Importing Courses into Moodle

by Richard Enison -
BD,
  1. I've seen reports of similar problems in this forum where a zip file was uploaded but it didn't all make it, so the length of the file as received was less than it should be because part of the file got lost in transmission. That might be what happened.
  2. Perhaps the plugin you were told about was the SCORM module, which isn't really a plugin because it is a standard module; it comes with Moodle. It doesn't exactly upload courses, but if you create a course you can use it to upload a SCORM into it.
  3. There is also a course import data feature and the course backup/restore feature, both of which assume there is already a Moodle course from which you wish to copy.
RLE
In reply to Richard Enison

Re: Importing Courses into Moodle

by brian driver -

Hi Richard  - many thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. I've found the scorm module and everything works great now!  smile

Thanks again,

Brian.