Newbie Help

Newbie Help

by Mark Miller -
Number of replies: 1
I've looked through three different books, this forum, and done a google search, and can't come up with the answers I need. I'm using 1.9 on a Linux host (Dreamhost).

What is the cluster option for?

I want to set up a lesson on parts of speech. I want a table of contents listing the 8 parts of speech, with an option for the student to pick which one they want to try. Lets say they pick verbs. I want them to choose between the two types. If they choose action verb, they would have a further choice to make. After they have finished with each item (transitive, intransitive would link back to action; and their would be an option on verbs to continue. Linking would link back to verbs.)

For the life of me, I can't make it work. Is it even possible? A tree structure would look like this.

Verbs
> Action
> Transitive
> Intransitive
> Linking

I keep thinking a cluster might be the key if I could find something that explains it.

When I build a test structure, then try to go back to it I don't seem to have the same options I did the first time; but that's probably not connected to this. I mention it just in case.

Can anyone help me out of this quagmire?

tnx

Mark C. Miller
Indianapolis Indiana

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Miller

Re: Newbie Help

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Mark,
Essentially cluster can add special options to a group of pages.

You might try to download my Lesson demo which is up on tracker
MDLSITE-304 . There is a cluster set up and I think an explanation.

You could set up what you want with just branch tables and questions.

BT Parts of Speech would have a choice of BT Verb. BT Verb would give choices to lead to BT Action, BT Trans, BT Intrans and back to BT Parts of Speech.

Student selects Action. They go to BT Action has an introduction and a choice to continue, lead back to BT Verb. The continue would lead to say 3 question pages with content in them. At the end of this series of pages, the student would hit an end of branch which would automatically send them back to BT Action. I would also put a choice in BT Action back to BT Parts of Speech.

Does this help with one example of flow and set up?

Chris