Too many answers displayed

Too many answers displayed

by Andra Med -
Number of replies: 4
My quiz is set to show Feedback and Score. Students can do multiple attempts.

When students complete the quiz, they see feedback for *all* the answers, not just the one they posted. This includes the right answers.

I would like them to receive only the feedback for their answer, so they go back and try again.

This was working fine in 1.8. The problem appeared after a switch to 1.9. What should I do to give students feedback, but not feed them answers?

Thanks-- Andra
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andra Med

Re: Too many answers displayed

by Pierre Pichet -
I can have the good display on my moodle 1.9.1+ (Build: 20080524).
http://132.208.141.198/moodle_19/
log as teacher user: moodle pw:moodle
log as student user: moodles pw:moodles

The quiz cal,short,num has been set correctly.

Pierre

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Andra Med -
Pierre, I still seem to have something wrong. I changed my Review Options to yours, checking off feedback, scores, general feedback and overall feedback. Responses and answers are unchecked. Still, the clip below is what my student would see immediately after the first try.

It looks like all the feedback is being displayed, rather than appropriate feedback.

Could there be some other setting that would affect what the student would see? Thanks-- Andra

Flooding can be triggered by:
Choose one answer.
a. Too many demands
b. Feeling put on the spot Partially correct
c. Someone else's flooding
d. All of the Above
e. a & b, but not c

In reply to Andra Med

by Pierre Pichet -
Effectively all the feedback are displayed in your example.
And you say that this was not the case in 1.8?

Pierre
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Andra Med -
Yes. The same quiz displayed targeted feedback in 1.8, then was imported into a Moodle that ran 1.9. In the new installation all the feedback for all the answers started to appear.

There are new options for quiz displays in 1.9, so perhaps there's a different combination that gets the same results.

I can always fall back on using general feedback, that simply tells the student to try again. But I liked being able to give the studentspecific feedback based on the particular wrong answer.

Thanks-- Andra