Turnitin Integration beta release!

Re: Turnitin Integration beta release!

by Christos Rodosthenous -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I installed the turnitin plugin and i et Error: could not create class and assign global instructor statuscode:2108

I have moodle Moodle 2.1.2+ (Build: 20111019) and turnitin code: 2011121400

Any idea whats going on?

In reply to Christos Rodosthenous

by Christos Rodosthenous -

This is the message i get when i click Login as Admin from the plagiarism settings page

"The email address needs to conform to Internet Standard RFC822."

In reply to Christos Rodosthenous

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

My guess is that your e-mail address has a + or other symbol in it. - Turnitin doesn't like this and requires the "old" RFC822 standard for all emails.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Leonard Houx -

I just got back from my holidays and have seen a flare-up of these 2108 errors. The users had underscores in their emails, but removing them did not help.

In reply to Leonard Houx

by Leonard Houx -

I have run some of the emails through an RFC822 email address validator and they were fine. So it is not clear what the actual problem is.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Leonard Houx -

I contacted Tii about the 2108 errors and they said the plagiarism prevention plugin does not meet Tii's API standards.

They also mentioned that some of the integrations link with Turnitin create pseudo-user email addresses. For example, apparently, some use a feature where the Integration ID number for a user links with the institutional account id number to form a pseudo-email address - 1234_5678@institution.com. Does the plagiarism prevention tool do this? If so, I imagine this may account for the error.

In reply to Leonard Houx

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

the Moodle 2 versions of the plugin use the email address attached to the teacher and the student. older versions (1.9) had a global teacher account that was used but no pseudo email accounts are used.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)