HELP PLEASE!

HELP PLEASE!

by Mark Clarke -
Number of replies: 6
I have set up 30 courses, each having 4 groups of 15 students with one teacher in each group. (each course has 4 teachers placed in their group)
I have forced groups on a course level and want an E-Mail allert sent to the teacher of that group only) but when a student submits an assignment it E-Mails to all teachers of the course.
How do I stop that happening?

Mark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Clarke

Re: HELP PLEASE!

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I can't help you with this question, but you might consider putting a different topic in questions to "HELP PLEASE" as a huge percentage of questions here are people looking for help and that title may tend to get your question "lost in the noise". Good luck with finding an answer anyway (I am curious about any fix for it myself)
In reply to Mark Clarke

Re: How to send assignment submission emails to teachers in the group only

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mark,

Not setting/preventing the capability moodle/site:accessallgroups for teachers should result in emails only being sent to the teacher in each group. (It will also result in teachers only being able to access activities of students within their group.)

Just moving this discussion to the assignment module forum...
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mark Clarke -
Thanks Helen that sounds like a solution but I can't find that option in the site settings. I'm trying: site>admin>configuration>variables
I am running Moodle 1.5.3
Any tips?!
In reply to Mark Clarke

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In Moodle 1.5 (and 1.6), the only way is to give your teachers the role of non-editing teacher, rather than teacher, though this will of course mean that they can no longer edit the course. For more flexibility, you need to upgrade your Moodle site.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mark Clarke -
Thanks allot Helen I'll get on to it
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mark Clarke -

Sorry to bother you again Helen but!

I have separate groups forced

Teachers are non editing and hidden and are in the group with the students

Assignments are non grade and I have tried graded

If students submit assignments when the teachers are non editors they don't go to any teachers even the one in the group!

If students submit assignments when the teachers are editors the assignments go to all teachers in the course regardless of group

Any advise?