pictures and general upload trouble

pictures and general upload trouble

by Maki english2day.com -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I am new to Moodle and have fun developing a English school with it. But I cant seem to do things with my dataupload folder. Its in the right position and it writes some information to it, like the sessions and all... the chmod is fine i put it on 777

But I can upload or change profile pictures, and users cant upload assignments... Also I cant upload pictures within a resource or anywhere else...

Can someone please help me..

Also I need some help with getting a way to charge people for certain access, any tips on this. And last one is I would like to have video/chat/talk capabilities on my moodle... any tips on scripts or flash software I can put on there for free...

Sorry about the many questions

Michiel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maki english2day.com

Re: pictures and general upload trouble

by Crafton Williams -
For your upload problem, try changing the slasharguments variable in the moodle config settings.

There are only two options, select the one that is unselected.

Crafton
In reply to Crafton Williams

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This would be the case if you *can* upload them, but you then cannot view them. Its actually not a very good solution - click on the highlighted slasharguments link in this (or the last) post for the full FAQ entry.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
More info please....

When you say you 'can't upload', what *exactly* happens. What error messages do you see (if any). If you don't see any, have you checked the Apache error logs to see if anything has turned up in there?
In reply to Howard Miller

When I try to upload a profile picture, I go through the motions, and this error appears in my apache log

Fri Jul  9 21:02:03 2004] [error] PHP Warning:  mkdir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.  The script whose uid is 32289 is not allowed to access /home/michiel2/uploaddata/users owned by uid 99 in /home/michiel2/public_html/lib/gdlib.php on line 68

Also students cant upload their papers the error then is this

ERROR: Could not find or create a directory (/home/michiel2/uploaddata/17)

Sorry, an error in the system prevents you from uploading files: contact your teacher or system administrator

Also when I want to add a resource and I choose uploaded file i get this error after i try to upload a file through the upload screen inthe resource admin thingy

But its surely not to large only 300K and I set it all to be able to get 1mb

An unknown problem occurred while uploading the file '16487059.gif' (perhaps it was too large?)

pleaseee help me