Questionnaire in Lesson

Questionnaire in Lesson

by Lester Cunningham -
Number of replies: 2

Does anyone know how to add a questionnaire to a Lesson. That is a set of questions that have neither correct or incorrect answers.  For example "Did you find this lesson interesting?"

I would then like to see how many students said "Yes" and how many said "No", as in a normal quiz report, and with no impact on the grades.

I have tried using branch tables to do this but I don't get the report data.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lester Cunningham

Re: Questionnaire in Lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Lester,
You can not add a "questionnaire" within the flow of a Lesson. But there is a choice of several modules/activities which should do what you want, outside of a lesson. If you want your students to answer such questions about a lesson as "Did you find this lesson a) boring; b) OK; c) very interesting, etc." then you could use either the Feedback or the Questionnaire plugin (as a separate activity, to be answered after completing the lesson). Be aware, however, that these are 3rd-party plugins that do not come with standard distributions of Moodle and you'll have to install them on top of your regular installation. The Feedback module will become part of Moodle from (forthcoming) version 2.0.
Joseph
In reply to Lester Cunningham

Re: Questionnaire in Lesson

by Dennis Williams -
It would be nice to be able to use a questionnaire in the flow of a lesson. For instance, I would like to be able to have students read a sample essay, look at a scoring guide (the one that will score their own assignment) and score the sample essay. I am not interested in awarding a student a point for selecting "C" instead of "B" or "D" but rather to later do some meta-analysis of what students are thinking about the sample essay at that point in the lesson. They would then go on to analyze different parts of the sample essay against particular parts of the scoring guide and then tell in a questionnaire what they now think about the essay.

Hmm, maybe I could just set the points of all the answers to O and send them on to the next page....