Student Archive & Transcripts

Student Archive & Transcripts

by Alice Roach -
Number of replies: 2
I am using moodle 1.9 and I have two questions which I'm sure have been asked before, but I can't find any answers.

1) Student Transcript? Does moodle create reports that show a student with ALL his/her classes and grades. I know the grade book allows you to view all students in a particular class and see their grades, but what if you wanted to look up one student and generate a report of what classes the student has enrolled in and what their grades are?

2) Student archive? Is there a way to archive student information once a student is no longer enrolled in a class?

Thank you for your help!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alice Roach

Re: Student Archive & Transcripts

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Alice - The concept of course completion is coming with Moodle 2.0. You can currently get a final grade for a course but some of this functionality borders on being part of what one might expect from a Student Information System (SIS) where grades are archived and transcripts are generated. There are a couple of projects (OpenSIS and SchoolTool) that are looking at integrating more with Moodle. I am hopeful that Moodle 2.0 will provide some better tools for working with SISs but this is all very much a work in progress. I would encourage you to continue to express your interest and share ideas for what that integration looks like. Peace - Anthony