Course Backup/Duplicate Error.

Course Backup/Duplicate Error.

by Andy Chauhan -
Number of replies: 4

I wanted to duplicate the course that I created. According the the instructions mentioned in the forums I backedup my course and try to do a restore. When I do a restore, I dont see an option to "Create a New Copy" or course anywhere. I just see 2 options in the drop down - "Current course, adding data to it", and "Current course, Deleting it first". Can somebody tell where am I going wrong.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Chauhan

Re: Course Backup/Duplicate Error.

by Morag Munro -
Hi Andy

I think that only admins have the option to restore to a new course, but perhaps someone else can verify this.

You can download the zipped backup file to your computer. Next create a new moodle course (or if you don't have rights to do so, ask your moodle administrator), then upload the zip file to the files area in the new course. You can then click Restore to load the data into the new course.

Morag
In reply to Morag Munro

Backup Working!

by Andy Chauhan -

Morag,

Thank you very much!. I am the admin myself(and a creator). So I logged off as a teacher, and logged in as an admin and everything was fine. You solution to download zipped file is also good, which came to mind and I tried it already. However, in that case my zipped file size needs to be less than 2Mb. Which is not the case here. I got coursebackup file of 2.3 Mb. So next step is to modify Moodle variables under administration to increase Max file upload size beyond that, assuming that I want the teachers also to backup and restore large courses. Currently moodle supports maxsize of 2Mb, because thats the maximum you see on the dropdown list under administration->variabels. There is some PHP script that needs to be modified, so that options more than 2Mb show up. I am currently not sure of the script that needs to me modified. I have posted this question in developer forum. Let's is somebody is able to help me. However, I got my job of backup done already. Thanks!!

In reply to Andy Chauhan

Re: Backup Working!

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Andy,

perhaps, if you click over "file size" or "upload size" (here or in your previous message) you'll find the solution to your problem?

Ciao smile