Is it time to split the forums a bit more?

Is it time to split the forums a bit more?

by Just H -
Number of replies: 1
Hi folks

I've noticed over the past 6 months or so a fairly major increase in problems being posted from people that are on Windows OS, particularly in the Installation and General problems forums.

I realise there is the "Windows-based servers" forum which, as I understand it, was set up initially for those people unfortunate enough to have to use Windows (sorry, couldn't resist big grin) but I don't think it is serving the purpose that well with the recent increase in newcomers.

On the one hand, good to see Moodle apparently gaining strength on another OS, on the other hand, those with problems may be finding it hard getting/finding answers specific to Windows.

Just wondering if there would be any value in at least splitting the Installation and General problems forums into Windows-based and *nix-based? May help people get answers faster.

regards
H
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Just H

Re: Is it time to split the forums a bit more?

by Matt Gibson -
I agree for the installation forum, but I'm not sure about general problems. I use windows and I'm not sure that I've had any windows -specific problems that are not installation related. Performance maybe?

If the split was made, it would imply that the existing windows-based servers forum should be renamed to exclude installation issues. What to call it? Or should that forum be renamed to installation problems on Windows?