Can't download course materials by right-clicking

Can't download course materials by right-clicking

by Debasis Satapathy -
Number of replies: 10
In earlier version of moodle if I wanted to download course material,I used to go into the course and right clicking the material using "save as" option I used to download course material.
But after using moodle1.3.1 I am unable to get "save as" option at the right-click of course material.
Help me out.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debasis Satapathy

Re: Can't download course materials by right-clicking

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I just tried it here on the Moodle site and it works for me!

Have you tried - this Moodle site, with different browsers, etc.?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Andy Diament -
I also can't do this (moodle 1.3.1 ie6 or mozilla); I could never do this from the main course page and accepted it, but used to be able to do this from the resources page; now that offers me view.php (as it does from the course page)

Where it does still work - in the files section and  in the crumb trail in the top frame where the resource is loaded (if not launched in new window)

tried on localhost and moodle demo course

Andy D
In reply to Andy Diament

by Debasis Satapathy -
Inside a course I have put all my materials.Suppose students want to download those materials, then previously they used to right-click mouse button on the desired material and using "save as" they used to save it onto their pc.But now after upgrading it to moodle1.3.1 i am not getting "save as" option on mouse right click on a course material.I am getting "save target as" option.
Plz help me out to get"save as" option.

by Debasis Satapathy -
Plz send me a quick reply,students are unable to download materials.

by Genner Cerna -

To download those resource maybe an icon should be place for easy download, perhaps in time there will be feature like that instead of right click...

I too share the same problem with right clicking...

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Where exactly are you clicking? Nothing related to this has changed in recent versions of Moodle that I know of.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Debasis Satapathy -
After going inside any course when i am right clicking the material i am not getting "save as" option to download/save to my pc.
How students can download my course material?

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
  1. Moodle modules are not generally designed for offline work.
  2. If you need something for offline work, create pdf version and add link to it for easy download. There is no need for general "download icon" - you can do it yourself! The link to uploaded pdf file can be in Resource/HTML text or Resource/Directory.

It would be really helpful to be more specific when asking questions smile
  • what browsers did you try
  • what course material is it exactly - Resource?
  • what type of Resource is it - html page, uploaded file, ...?

Right-click saving does not work for "Resources-uploaded files", because of the involved redirection and frames. (Resource is first opened from course page, then browser is redirected to uploaded file.)

Yet another option is to use Book module, pages can be saved from printer friendly page layout.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Floyd Collins -

I always just double click and I get the save to disk.

by Marilyn Fleming -

I'm running 1.3.1 on a Linux server, with WinXP and IE6 on the client side, and right-click works fine for me from a Directory resource.

I think right-click functionality is more a function of the client OS and Browser than of the server-side software, unless you have some sort of mime-type problem.