LOCALPATH

LOCALPATH

by Peter Poznyakov -
Number of replies: 4
Having a resource on a local PC is an extremely useful feature, does it work?
I did fail to find where to adjust LOCALPATH in a user profile. Does anyone use it? Pls, share your experience. I tried to do such a resource, but Moodle does not understand it and is trying to find it on the site rather than on my PC.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Poznyakov

Re: LOCALPATH

by Christoph Ruda -

Hi Peter,

I have tried LOCALPATH too, all I get is a link to our URL followed by D://..., which seems to be the default drive letter for CD drives on PCs.

I have had some limited success with the lable resource. Here you can enter a link to you file in the form of:

file:///C:/[path to file]

So far I managed to get this to work in Internet Explorer 7 but not in Fireworks 2. I'll keep trying and will post again when I have some news.

Christoph

In reply to Christoph Ruda

by Peter Poznyakov -
It's interesting. I'll try label resourse.
In reply to Peter Poznyakov

by Dave Benton -

Did you have any success with the LOCALPATH?

I was able to enable using Local Files in the Administration -> Modules -> Acitivities -> Resource -> Allow Local Files (Checked the box).   

Then I went to a resource and edited it and changed it to point to LOCALPATH\directory\filename  and then when I go and click on the resource it pulls the file up just fine, but I can't find a way for the users to be able to change where their LOCALPATH is.  It just always pulls the file from the webserver.