You've heard I'm sure but... I need Help getting Flash to Work....

You've heard I'm sure but... I need Help getting Flash to Work....

by Ian Clayton -
Number of replies: 1
Ok - I'll admit I'm a newbie to all this and the question must be one of the most commonly asked - and the answer is probably right in front of me but....

How do I get Flash uploads to work in Moodle 1.8?

I have tried just about everything that seemed obvious and the Flash file actually works find everywhere else but except inside of Moodle.

The files are Powerpoints converted to SWF files.

They actually run when called via a url link direct from the Moodle root directory but not from inside Moodle...

Another related question - assuming I ever get one running - how do I set up permissions for a directory that allows me to place every SWF file in a tidy place.... not the root.

Thanks

Ian
ian@servicemanagement01.com
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Clayton

Re: You've heard I'm sure but... I need Help getting Flash to Work....

by Jay Perez -
You should be able to add a resource to link to a file or webpage. You need to click the button that states upload or choose file. This new window gives you an opportunity to create a new folder to store your files otherwise Moodle will default the files in a directory outside of the domain name. You will see this if you have access to the website via FTP. Additionally a quicker way to upload the files into the directory is using an FTP. Once the files are there, you can assign (Resources) to the files. I hope this helps.