Grade book problem

Grade book problem

by Ronald Zellner -
Number of replies: 4
I am using Moodle 1.9
I have a course that had a lot of extra assignments from previous classes which I cleaned up to make the grade book more usable. Some assignments were completely deleted, some were just deleted from the gradebook Categories and Items.
The Grader Report was not displaying a value in Course Total and I was not sure of how to change it- Somehow in attempting to edit it, it got changed to the name of a deleted assignment (because of the ID?) but kept the characteristics of the Course Total (0 -100 value). A new Course Total appeared and displayed a range that included the 100 points in the phantom assignment so the course maximum is now 100 higher than it should be.
The new Course Total does display a value, but the values are not at all accurate and I cannot determine a pattern to the errors. I cannot edit the name of the phantom assignment, change its value, or delete it.
Any thoughts out there on how to fix this?

screen shot

In reply to Ronald Zellner

Re: Grade book problem

by Karin Horn -
Hello Ron! Couldn't believe it when I saw your name on this posting. I have the same problem. One course that I duplicated from the previous 1.8 version will not allow me to set the course maximum value. It's showing 400 (instead of 100) and I cannot figure out how to change it! All other courses on the site are working just fine, so I am stumped as to why the settings on this one course don't function. The new grade book is surely giving me a headache! Guess I'll keep reading through these postings and hope for a solution.
Karin Horn (Class of '92) big grin
In reply to Karin Horn

by Robert Russo -
If you change your aggregation method for the course (to anything except for sum, try mean or weighted mean, whichever it is not), and then SAVE, you then will be able to change the point value of the course and then fix your gradebook.
In reply to Robert Russo

by Lynne Morrison -
I simply want the "sum".  No weighting, etc.  I'm setting up a brand new course and the math is not correct.  Any other suggestions?
In reply to Lynne Morrison

by Al Futrell -
Lynne: I had the exact same problem and I think I solved it. After setting the "Aggregation" under the "Grade Category Settings" (this is on admin page, not the grade book page) to "Sum of Grades" (and it not appearing to matter) I went to the course grade book and in the "Grader Report" page clicked on "Turn Editing On" so that I got a little finger pointing icon next to everything on the page. Next I went to the items on the first row of the page, clicked each icon one at a time, and for each I clicked the box for "Aggregate Subcategories". I have no idea why it worked because I have no subcategories, but after I did this I was able to get sums for everything.