NWiki for 1.9 Installation issues

NWiki for 1.9 Installation issues

by Eric Carlson -
Number of replies: 0
I have just put NWiki on a sandbox 1.9 site, and am having some issues perhaps due to not setting permissions properly prior to the NWiki install. The wiki seems to running fine (lets me create the wiki, create pages, insert images, insert tables, use latex equations,...), but with some problems. In particular, I do not see an index on the left or any of the blocks on the right, nor do I see any way to add these. In my module administration, all things wiki show up with version 2004081200 - (please note errors listed on the front page my site errors shown down on the very bottom of this message).

What follows are my steps and results. If anyone sees a problem or can give me some idea how to repair this, please let me know.

For my 1.9 LAMP site, as root I downloaded the zip file to my moodle directory, then ran the commands

cd /mymoodledirectory
unzip -o Nwiki(rest of name).zip

to overwrite all previous versions of files. I tried to install but had ownership issues, so after my first attempt, I had to rerun ownership

chown -R apache:apache /(my moodle directory)

The installation proceeded with only the error messages related to a couple of things, that lead me to the standard messages on my site page

Module blocks: /mymoodle/mod/blocks/version.php was not readable
Module course: /mymoodle/mod/course/version.php was not readable
Module lang: /mymoodle/mod/lang/version.php was not readable
Module mod: /mymoodle/mod/mod/version.php was not readable
Module theme: /mymoodle/mod/theme/version.php was not readable
EDIT: Now I get these
Module "blocks" is not readable - check permissions
Module "course" is not readable - check permissions
Module "lang" is not readable - check permissions
Module "mod" is not readable - check permissions
Module "theme" is not readable - check permissions

When I examine these directories, I can not find version.php in any of them, so I would guess that these were supposed to be written during the install?

Regards,
Eric Carlson
Average of ratings: -