Is anyone working on creating a Korean version?

Is anyone working on creating a Korean version?

by Peter Fullarton -
Number of replies: 4

Is anyone out there working on a Korean translation?  I'm going to use Moodle for English language tuition in Korea but would like to run the site in Korea.....

If anyone is or would like to collaborate, let me know......

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Fullarton

Re: Is anyone working on creating a Korean version?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm not aware of any Korean efforts yet, but I'd love to see a Korean translation! smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Peter Fullarton -
Me too!  I'll read the necessary doc. on translation to ascertain required effort.  Could you give me a rough estimate on how much time (man hours or days) a tranlsation takes.  I guess there must be some benchmarks out there.....
In reply to Peter Fullarton

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Well, there are just over 1000 strings and about 40 mostly-short html help pages and documentation.

It's taken me a couple of years to put the English together smile but the translators seem to get through it much quicker! wink

There's a built-in web-based editor so the strings (which are most important) should be fairly rapid.

Perhaps some other language editors can estimate rough times.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.