Different profiles for different roles

Different profiles for different roles

by Maria João -
Number of replies: 2
Hi All, smile

Is it possible to associate difference personal descriptions (profile) to different roles of one and same person? I am thinking about someone who is teacher of a course A with an academic description and, at the same time, student in a course B and intends to have a "lighter" profile there.

How to do this?

Thanks in advance. smile
Maria
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maria João

Re: Different profiles for different roles

by John Isner -
The profile is associated with the user (i.e., the Moodle account). If your account has user id 'maria', you can visit your account page and fill in personal description items, create blog entries, create user-level calendar events, and so-on. These are all associated with your user id 'maria'.

User 'maria' can be assigned the role of Teacher in course A and Student in course B. These two roles are very different, as I'm sure you know. But when others view your profile, they will see the information associated with your user id, regardless of whether they access the information from course A or course B.

A possible solution is to create two user accounts, 'maria1' and 'maria2'. Assign maria1 as Teacher in course A and maria2 as a Student in course B. maria1 and maria2 will have different profiles, one academic and one light.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Isner

Re: Different profiles for different roles

by Maria João -
John,

That is why I am a Moodler: The community is just amazing and helpful. Thank you very much for your help.

Maria