Using Choice for our election

Using Choice for our election

by Bill Click -
Number of replies: 5
I am using Choice to run our mock-up Presidential Election at our Middle School and the one thing that I notice missing is having the total number of votes per available selection.  All I have to look at is the actual listing of students who have voted in favor of each candidate.  Any thoughts on including totals in this?  With totals I can figure-out the percentage that each candidate receives. 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Click

Re: Using Choice for our election

by A. T. Wyatt -
This has been corrected, I think. See this in the tracker:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-9666

In the meantime, you can allow results to be displayed to students and go into student view for the totals. If that is not an option, you can count them by hand! I did actually do that once!

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Bill Click -

Thanks A.T.

Unfortunately we are in 1.8 so will not have the upgrade until we go to 1.9.  But hey, I can count for this time.  Maybe over the summer we will get to 1.9.  Can only hope.

In reply to Bill Click

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

..or you could upgrade to the latest version of 1.8Stable (which I've just patched)

....or just copy the mod/choice/lib.php from the latest 1.8stable download over your existing /mod/choice/lib.php file..

smile

Dan

*edit* - we've added percentages to 1.9 too! - have a look at the choices on the moodle.org homepage for an example....I'm thinking about backporting a few more changes to 1.8stable as well....

In reply to Bill Click

by Gary Anderson -
Bill:

The other thing that works both for elections and "check for understanding" questions in from of the whole class, is not to show students at all, but simply have the teacher vote and to show the bar codes.

This will also count the number of votes when set up to display as bars.

--Gary