I have fixed the HotPot module in Moodle 1.6 - 1.9 so that it works with the DewPlayer.
This player passes the url of the media file to the player using a parameter called "mp3", but until now, the HotPot module didn't know about that parameter so it didn't try to convert the relative URL of the media file to an absolute URL, and unless that it done, the player is not able to access the media file.
The recommended way to update your HotPot module is to update your whole Moodle site. However, I understand that for one reason or another, this is not always possible or desirable at certain times, so if you want to download just the HotPot module, you may be able to get it from my server by following the links below.
- HotPot v2.4 (for Moodle 1.9) is here
- HotPot v2.3 (for Moodle 1.8) is here
- HotPot v2.2 (for Moodle 1.7) is here
- HotPot v2.1 (for Moodle 1.6) is here
- HotPot v2.0 (for Moodle 1.5 and earlier) is here
all the best