Dewplayer and hotpot

Dewplayer and hotpot

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Gordon,

I have been trying to get an audio player called "dewplayer" to work on hotpot. The player appears in the exercise but when you click on the player there is no sound. It works fine outside moodle environment (i.e when I test the exercise in my browser). Also can get it to work in the "files" part of moodle, but not in the actual course page. I have taken the liberty of uploading a sample to your server  at:

http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp/moodle/18/ms/mod/hotpot/view.php?id=82

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: Dewplayer and hotpot

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Robert,
I have fixed the HotPot module in Moodle 1.6 - 1.9 so that it works with the DewPlayer.

This player passes the url of the media file to the player using a parameter called "mp3", but until now, the HotPot module didn't know about that parameter so it didn't try to convert the relative URL of the media file to an absolute URL, and unless that it done, the player is not able to access the media file.

The recommended way to update your HotPot module is to update your whole Moodle site. However, I understand that for one reason or another, this is not always possible or desirable at certain times, so if you want to download just the HotPot module, you may be able to get it from my server by following the links below.
  • HotPot v2.4 (for Moodle 1.9) is here
  • HotPot v2.3 (for Moodle 1.8) is here
  • HotPot v2.2 (for Moodle 1.7) is here
  • HotPot v2.1 (for Moodle 1.6) is here
  • HotPot v2.0 (for Moodle 1.5 and earlier) is here
thanks for letting me know about the DewPlayer (website is in French) and for uploading your quiz to my site for testing approve

all the best
Gordon