Student admin options bug

Student admin options bug

by Timos Almpanis -
Number of replies: 10

Hello,

I set up a wiki and although I enable all student admin options (allow set page flags, allow remove pages etc), students get the following error msg when they click in one of those options from the administration drop down menu.

'Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (Manage wiki settings)'

Is this a known bug?

I use the standard moodle wiki in version 1.82

Thanks,

Timos

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timos Almpanis

Re: Student admin options bug

by Eduardo Domínguez Vázquez -
Hi Timos,

This happends to me too. I can't see any item related to this in the moodle traker system.

Have you resolve or found a workarround for this bug?

Ciao.
In reply to Timos Almpanis

by Barry Brown -

Hi

I know this is 12 months after your query, but I've just hit the same problem. My workaround is:

For each student, that you want to access the Wiki, set a 'Locally Assigned Role' (for the particular Wiki) to a 'Non-Editing Teacher'. This in effect makes them a teacher, but without development editing rights for the Wiki or any other part of the course. Thus they appear to the Wiki as a teacher with the Set Flag etc permissions.

Give it a try

Barry

In reply to Barry Brown

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
No, I'm sure you're not the only person who has students adding images to a wiki in Moodle but my understanding of it is that they cannot upload images as they don't have access to the course files which is where there images would go if they uploaded them - I mean- if they did,then they would have access to all your other documents in the course files that you might want to keep hidden from them wouldn't they? And so the students image insert box merely allows them to add the URL of an image already uploaded elsewhere on the internet.
In reply to Deleted user

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You are not the only one smile

Here is a patche i made to make this issue... half possible:

MDL-21384 enables attched files for each wiki page in an "html editor" wiki syntax

You can add anything to the wiki page and then right click the attachment's link and copy it
and then paste it into the "add images" or "add link" dialogs.

I am currently working on a more smooth UI work-flow, to make it even more
easy for students.

I will keep you posted smile
In reply to Deleted user

by Chris Sherman -
How do you get the student image dialog box to open?
In reply to Chris Sherman

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Do you mean where they can insert a URL to an uploaded image (as discussed in the posts above?) It is the icon like a picture frame which you can see in the toolbar of this forum when you post a reply. It is a couple to the left of the smiley face. Is that what you meant?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Chris Sherman -
I think I found the answer....allowing binary files?
In reply to Chris Sherman

by Mary Cooch -
yes - allowing binary files will let them upload imagessmile Then they can use its URL in the insert image pop up you mentioned above.