Form elements disappearing in Assignment Feedback

Form elements disappearing in Assignment Feedback

by gideon williams -
Number of replies: 4

I am trying to use form elements drop down boxes, radio buttons etc in the assignment feedback area when giving feedback for long term tasks that students regualrly submit and update.

I create them in HTML in Dreamweaver and they look fine when I view them. However, when a student views the feedback, all the form elements have disappeared eg radio buttons, check boxes  and drop down disappears and it looks very messy with a succession of text.

Has anyone any ideas - I would be eternally grateful for any suggestions eg on creating templates that woudl dave me having to copy and paste each time

Average of ratings: -
In reply to gideon williams

Re: Form elements disappearing in Assignment Feedback

by David Bogner -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

on your moodle startpage in the admin-menu go to "Security->Site policies" and activate the trusted content system, then your form will work.

All the best for your projects,
David
In reply to David Bogner

by gideon williams -

Wow

A super fast response - thanks. I have done this but when I re pasted the code into the Feedback area I see the form elements but when I click on the radio buttons to make them work they seem surrounded by a text box and I have to double click to go "into" the box.

When I then look at the students work I still get all the text and no form elements.

Here is my coding:

<form name="form1" method="post">
<p>Choose your favourite Top Gear presenter: <select name="select"> <option>Please Choose</option> <option>Clarkson</option> <option>Hammond</option> <option>May</option> <option>Stig</option></select> </p>
<p>Select your favourite car: <label><input type="radio" name="RadioGroup1" /> Zonda</label> <label><input type="radio" name="RadioGroup1" /> Veron</label> </p>
<p>Enter some text here: <input size="100" name="textarea" /> </p></form>

In reply to gideon williams

by David Bogner -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,

sorry that didn't work for you. Which version of moodle do you use? Do you paste the form-tags as admin?

I just tried it on 1.9 and it didn't work neither, but on 1.8 it should work.
You can try to paste your form in a resource "Compose Web page with editor" or on the course-page.
For further information look at this thread:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=86897
I think they changed the modules in 1.9 so that you aren't able to fill in form tags. That is not an improvement to 1.8. Let's see if the final 1.9 got rid of this bug.

Yours,
David

In reply to David Bogner

by gideon williams -

Cheers David

I am on 1.9 and I guess I'll just have to wait till 2.0.

Ideally I would want the ability to embed the form elements into the feedback page so that it is quicker for me to mark work and then the student gets to see the output from the form.

Many thanks for your time, support and efforts

Gideon