Non-Wrapping Text

Non-Wrapping Text

by Gail Ruby -
Number of replies: 6
I have conveted a Blackboard course and imported into Moodle (v1.8.2) The test does not wrap when lines extend beyond the page width. (See attached)

Is there a global fix which will force text wrapping in a course?

Thank-you
Gail Ruby

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gail Ruby

Re: Non-Wrapping Text

by Sandra King -
Hi, I had the same problem, here is the fix that was given to me (it works)
From Joseph... http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=83566

Diagnostic: problem arises because of the <fieldset class="invisiblefieldset"> introduced, I suppose, for accessibility purposes.

Simple fix (for 1.8)

in file mod/lesson/view.php line 532 replace:

echo '<fieldset class="invisiblefieldset">';

with

echo '<fieldset class="invisiblefieldset" style="display: block; text-align:left;">';

PS.- text-align:left; needed for MSIE 7, not needed for FireFox. Not tested in other browsers. Please test and report.

Vote for bug MDL-13465

In reply to Sandra King

by Gail Ruby -

Wre have adjusted the code as you described and restored the course again but text, in multiple items, still does not wrap.

Is there any other option for doing a global fix?

We do not want to fix each item in hundreds of courses indvividually.

Thank-you

Gail Ruby

In reply to Gail Ruby

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Gail,
It would be easier to understand your problem if you actually attached a screen shot showing what you are getting and what you would like to get instead (you failed to attach an attachement to your original post)...
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Gail Ruby -

Joseph,

Attached please an image which shows how the text extends beyond the text box. This creates a horizontal scoll bar and requires extensive scrolling to read all the text. We would like the text to wrap at the end of the box eliminating any horizontal scolling.

Is there a way to impose a line length limit without losing information that extends beyond this limit?

Thanks,

Gail Ruby

Attachment Moddle_Nonwrapping.png