trial of enhancements

trial of enhancements

by Daniele Cordella -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
As far as I know,
as accessibility requirement we should use a picture to identify mandatory questions in the questionnaire otherwise screen readers will read the "*" that is, more or less, meaningless. It is the same road it was walked for signon page during moodle 1.8 creation to reach compliances to accessibility standrds.

And furthermore, as Moodle is dynamic, we should change the layout of the question page according to the chosen type for the question. I mean, if the question is a true/false question... why do we have to see the useless questions choices?
If the question is an Essay Box why do we have to see as label of the third and fourth field (before the question text area) "length" and "precision" instead of "Textarea columns" and "Textarea rows" (as well described in the help)?

And... before closing... why do we need to add one more question choice field, wait for the page refresh, copy the choice, paste it and start again up to the end of our list of choices that may also be very long... when just one copy and paste may be enough!!!!
These are the reasons why I changed again the "editing questions" page.

So generally, I made changes to the described page, to the "ordering page" and to the "questionnaire page" adding the picture of the * taken from $CFG->pixpath.'/req.gif.

In the small picture of the next intervention, some of the new styled pages and, attached here, my overall patch.
Hoping this may be useful to someone. Hoping this may like to you too.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniele Cordella

Re: trial of enhancements

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniele,
Thanks for all your suggestions for improving the Questionnaire interface. I have already fixed the asterisk problem in . I am currently testing the two main improvements you are suggesting: a) replacing the list of buttons with question names with a drop-down list and b) changing the question edit page layout according to the selected question type. I will post news of my tests in this thread, and will hopefully make those improvements available on my test site first for people to try out before committing to contrib.
Thanks again,
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
EDIT: I have already fixed the asterisk problem in CONTRIB-301.
Joseph

by Daniele Cordella -
Attached is my last patch working with questionnaire 1.9 available NOW from http://download.moodle.org/plugins19/mod/questionnaire.zip.

It adds the following features:
-> question number alias
-> improvements in the order page
-> only one text area for question_options
-> rearranging of question editing page layout
-> minor changes to the questionnaire layout page
-> minor changes to the output message according to alias of numbers during submit of questionnaires
-> drop down menu to select questions in edit question page
-> some more strings in lang file

one XHTML bug in manage_survey.php
- disabled="disabled"/>';
+ disabled="disabled" />';
at row 474

one silly bug in locallib.php
- $rsult
+ $result
at row 1148

Hoping this may help whoever is in love with questionnaire module.

by Daniele Cordella -
Thank you Joseph.
I made some more improvements and... as I understand, they are welcome so, I will post them occasionally.
Thanks for CONTRIB-301.

I am finishing the translation I promised you during Christmas holidays. It is ending in these days.
Merci et aurevoir