New Lesson Demo - comments

New Lesson Demo - comments

by Chris Collman -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers
I have been working on a new Lesson demo. I store a version of it on Tracker, see MDL-304, please look for the latest zip file, currently the one ending in -1031.

I am also keeping a todo list on MoodleDocs, which you can reach via my user page chris collman at the bottom. There are two pages, Goals or my working notes on each page in the 4 lessons (An attempt at describing each page, may not be entirely accurate). Please leave your comments here in this forum. If it starts to get out of control smile, we will figure out something else.

There are 4 Lessons in the proposed new Lesson section of Features demo.
*Lesson 1 - Basic Parts
*Lesson 2 - Questions Types and Examples
*Lesson 3 - Clusters and Branches, Oh My !
*Lesson 4 - Flash Card Lesson

I think Lesson 1 and 2 cover the basics. Lesson 4 is simple. Lesson 3 attempts to demonstrate the special navigational pages (start cluster, end cluster and end of branch) and the "Oh My" is my editorial comment about making them work.

I am constantly discovering things that don't work and that I need to figure out. For example, my (probably too clever) method I use as a visual to tell the user where they are in Lesson 3 after a random jump, is not finding my graphic files, when I restore things to a different Moodle. Sigh.

Anyway, we need to update the lesson section, if not the entire demo feature. For example, I want to see grades with some data, and some groups that are part of the basic demo package. In Lesson, I would like to have other students to have already completed the lesson section.

Thanks in advance for all your input. Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Collman

Ang: New Lesson Demo - comments

by Bente Olsen -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks a lot for your effort with the lesson demo, it is needed.
I have downloaded it and will use it for teaching my self. I'll let you know if I can come up with any suggestions.
In reply to Chris Collman

Ang: New Lesson Demo - comments

by Bente Olsen -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris

In "Lesson 1- Basic Parts", "Shuffling Answers" I would illustrate the random order with same color to each letter in the lines. While I can't attack a file in the tracker I post my suggest here

I tried to put a &nbsp ; before the first coloured letters, but...
Attachment CClesson.png
In reply to Bente Olsen

Re: Ang: New Lesson Demo - comments

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Thanks Bente,
Excellent idea. Thanks for the reminder, I better see if anybody else has suggested anything in tracker smile

Best Chris