Pagan Moodle Administrators

Pagan Moodle Administrators

by R B -
Number of replies: 2
Greetings!

I was just browsing moodle.org for other pagan and related sites that use Moodle, because I want to create a line of communication between people who use Moodle for related classes. I know that running a school can be a lot to deal with, and I am sure that we are encountering some of the same challenges and situations. And, that's not even counting the challenges of Moodle. I have been running The Firefly Academy of Wicca and Witchcraft for about a year and a half now, and been running Moodle since March 2007.

I have been active in the Craft for 9 years. I am eclectic, not following any tradition. I was called into teaching nearly 5 years ago. I started teaching a basic Wicca class through Yahoo Groups, and a few classes in person. After awhile, my coven suggested that I put together some materials, and we began a school. We used basis phpbb forums, which were old school, but gave us a start. Then, I found Moodle, and the rest is sort of history.

There is a Yahoo group that we are just beginning for people such as you and me, heading up online schools, and even using Moodle or other similar online classroom. Though some of us are sort of in competition, it would be nice if we could come together and make the community stronger. Let me know what you think. Teaching techniques, dealing with the problems of online learning, and using Moodle are all types of questions that we welcome. Regardless, it would be nice to chat about similar happenings and exchange helpful information.

http://groups.yahoo.com/paganmoodleadmins

Check us out:
http://www.fireflyacademy.org

Brightest blessings,

Iris Firemoon
Average of ratings: -
In reply to R B

Re: Pagan Moodle Administrators

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You may want to consider editing your moodle.org user profile and creating a Pagan tag. Other Moodlers who describe that as one of their interests could then be networked together by that tag. It might be a helpful way of trying to find out who the other pagan Moodlers are. I have tried to do something similar with Jesuit tag which is not just for Jesuits but for those associated with Jesuit schools or apostolates. Best of luck networking and Happy Moodling! Peace - Anthony
In reply to R B

Re: Pagan Moodle Administrators

by Andy Diament -
Some years ago I was struck by the fact that moodle conferences are known as moodlemoots (coined by the legendary Sean Keogh); our local pagan group in West Cornwall is known as Moot too, rather than a covern.