Change Editor from TinyMCE to HTMLarea

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 8
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Change Editor from TinyMCE to HTMLarea

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Usually people would like to change htmlArea to TinyMCE - Marc (author of this module) might know better but try to change

$args = array('courseid' => $course->id, 'name' => 'tinymce');

to

$args = array('courseid' => $course->id, 'name' => 'htmlarea');

I'm not at home now and can't test it but if it does not work I could test it later...edit the file with notepad or WordPad and save.

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

In reply to Deleted user

In reply to Deleted user

by Mauno Korpelainen -

You just need a submit button.

Of course Marc wanted to have configuration for buttons too (role based) but this is working ok...take a backup copy of previous file anyway.

In reply to Deleted user

by Marc Bria Ramirez -
Dear Florian and Mauno,

Sorry a lot for my late answer.

I'm overwhelmed with some different stuff and pleasure (as reading those forums) is the first thing I usually quit. wink

First let me thanks Mauno to support Florian in this issue. His work integrating different webeditors with moodle is unbelievable but he is always there to help whatever is asking for it.

Mauno, I debt you some beers. Big hug from Spain. wink

Second, let's work:

1) Storytelling is just a "prof of concept" developed by two last degree students, so it's not bug-free and I'm unsure about running it on a production environment.

Don't misunderstand me: I think it could work quite fine as far as worked for us, but I needed to say "please, test to be sure it fits with yours before it becomes a must for your activity" because I unsure we will be able to mantain or improve it in future. wink

2) Storytelling "out-of-the-box" was designed to work with tinyMCE. It's not only because is a much better editor than htmlarea, it's because tinyMCE is themable and really easy to create "editor profiles". What does it means? If you go to "storytelling" configuration (at Administration>Modules>tinyMCE-configure) you will find an interface to create sets of buttons that you can associate with moodle roles.
It allows you show (for example) a simple editor for 3-5 kids and a more complex one to the older ones.

3) Storytelling is based on a wizard model: It means that you won't find a SAVE button anywhere, because the story will be saved everytime you left the edition page, for instance, clicking on the "next" button.

4) Storytelling is quite incomplete: As you will notice it's a quite simple module. You only can edit text, and define it's privacy... but most of us like to have images, audio, video. Because of this requirement we developed a new module that we called gallery4kids (G4K) that integrates with storytelling and allows every kid to manage their own media gallery.

Gallery4Kids is not released yet (I'm unsure if it will someday) because it only works fine with Firefox (some features crashes badly with IE), but let me know if you like me to send you a copy.

So in conclusion, answering your question: Storytelling don't need extra coding to run. Just visit your module configuration and select the buttons you like to show based on roles.

I just hope it answers your questions. Feel free to mail me (to my personal account) if you need help installing it.

Cheers,

m.
In reply to Marc Bria Ramirez

Storytelling

by Kim Sihota -
I have setup Storytelling for a teacher to use with her grade 2 and 3 students. It is working fine except that the teacher does not seem to be able to view the stories created by the students when they have set them to Me only. I assumed that the teacher would always have access but this does not seem to be the case. I tried making the users members of the same group but that does not appear to work. Where can I make changes to allow the teacher/admin to have access to the students' stories without the students having to make the stories available to anyone else?

Thanks for your help.

Kim