Slide show mode works only for 'Branch Table' pages and not for other pages

Slide show mode works only for 'Branch Table' pages and not for other pages

by OEE_Dev KW_Univ -
Number of replies: 2

In Moodle 1.7, and Moodle 1.7.1:

When change Slide show from NO to YES, it ONLY works for 'Branch Table' pages and it is disabled for other page types (Multiple Answers, True/False, etc.).

It shown in code that there is a future implementation of making slide show working with other type of pages using a predefined Variable called '$showpages'.

Any one face the same situation? 

My configuration:

Apache 2

MySQL 5.2

PHP 5.0

Moodle1.7  and Moodle1.7.1 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to OEE_Dev KW_Univ

Re: Slide show mode works only for 'Branch Table' pages and not for other pages

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi,
Somebody else will have to tell you how to tweak the php code.

Check the help button in Lesson settings. That is the way it is designed to work. 1.9 says "Questions will 'break out' of the slide show mode, only pages (branch tables) will be shown in a slide by default. " I bet this is similar to 1.7.

I would like to understand why you want to use slideshow with questions. Is it because you put your content in a question type, without placing an answer most of the time?

My sympathies. I understand both the educational value and elegant use of a question page to accomplish 2 different things. Too bad there is not an easy way to add a forward and back answer to every question. $showpages anyone?

Sorry I could not help.

In reply to Chris Collman

Re: Slide show mode works only for 'Branch Table' pages and not for other pages

by OEE_Dev KW_Univ -

Thank you,

Actually, I usually put my content in a question type, some of pages contain answers and some others don't.

I like to use Slide show mode since it gives me nice view of pages, instead having long pages, slide show allows to have scroll bars to overcome this longly pages.

So, you say it is difficult to apply slide show mode for other pages? Is that what you mean ?

Thnkx in advance.

my regards.