user:viewhiddendetails vs course:viewhiddenuserfields

user:viewhiddendetails vs course:viewhiddenuserfields

autor Bente Olsen -
Počet odpovedí: 2
Obrázok: Testers Obrázok: Translators
What is the difference between the capabilities user:viewhiddendetails and
course:viewhiddenuserfields?

I assume that user:viewhiddendetails, means that a person with that capability can view eg. someone else's hidden e-mail-address.
Moodle Docs: This allows a user to view hidden fields associated with a particular user
But it is not clear to me what the capability course:viewhiddenuserfields is used for.
Moodle Docs: This allows a user to view hidden user fields, which fields is that?
Priemer hodnotení : -
V odpovedi na Bente Olsen

Re: user:viewhiddendetails vs course:viewhiddenuserfields

autor Helen Foster -
Obrázok: Core developers Obrázok: Documentation writers Obrázok: Moodle HQ Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Plugin developers Obrázok: Testers Obrázok: Translators
Hi Bente,

The two capabilities both relate to user fields which have been hidden by an administrator (in Administration > Users > Permissions > User policies).

The capability user:viewhiddendetails allows a user to view any hidden user fields (such as description, city/town, country, web page, ICQ number, Skype ID, Yahoo ID, AIM ID, MSN ID and last access) on users' profile pages.

The capability course:viewhiddenuserfields allows a user to view any hidden user fields (such as city/town, country or last access) on the course participants page.

Thanks for asking about these capabilities. approve I have edited the documentation pages so that hopefully it's easier to understand now. If not, please say so! wink
V odpovedi na Helen Foster

Ang: Re: user:viewhiddendetails vs course:viewhiddenuserfields

autor Bente Olsen -
Obrázok: Testers Obrázok: Translators
Hi Helen

That really cleared things up for me!
- and show that you never know what others might construct their understanding of things Úsmev
I think that you have done a perfect edition of the documentation too, I do not expect that it will leave any doubts. Thanks!