Grade "snapshot"

Grade "snapshot"

by R.T. Brown -
Number of replies: 3
Is it possible to have a snapshot of a student's grade. There's probably a better term for this, but what I'm looking to do is provide students with the following:

Out of 125 points attemped, you have 84%

Currently, the percent that's provided is the percent of total possible points.

Thank you.
In reply to R.T. Brown

Re: Grade "snapshot"

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, change the aggregation option for the category or the course as a whole - in particular turn on the "Aggregate only non-empty grades" option. (I am assuming you are using the Moodle 1.9 gradebook.) I don't know if there was an equivalent option in 1.8.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mike Daven -
Where is the "Aggregate only non-empty grades" option? I don't see it in Admin Settings or in "Edit categories and items" for a specific item. In "Grader Report"/"My report preferences", there is nothing about "non-empty grades".

Thanks...

In reply to Mike Daven

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You need to look on the Edit ... Categories and Items screen. Edit the settings for a category, and probably click Show Advanced.