random WYSIWYG failure

random WYSIWYG failure

by Steve Innis -
Number of replies: 3
When editing anything from text pages to a test answers, it is only a matter of time before the WYSIWYG editor fails to load and I go straight to html - with no way to toggle back to WYSIWYG. I've tried changing my user profile setting (when editing text use standard web forms) but oddly, that just ensures that the html edit window will open (with no toggle options). What's a schoolteacher to do? Thanks, Steve Innis
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Innis

Re: random WYSIWYG failure

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is an Internet Explorer bug.

You will find that once the editor has gone, no Javascript anywhere will run until you restart your browser.

I once tracked this problem down to other JavaScript on the page (in our theme header) interacting badly with the HTML editor. Search through previous posts by me in this forum for a detailed analysis.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Steve Innis -
I have found your post recommending Firefox and that seems to work fine. Is the corporate brand JavaScript in the header also responsible for the Safari incompatibility? I must be missing something here: editing the pages of a course would seem to be a rather central part of any course management system, but this issue is barely on the radar. What am I not seeing?

As it happens, my biggest frustration with Moodle (assuming I can edit my pages) lies within your purview as maintainer of the quiz module. But I'll ask you via the appropriate forum. Thanks!
In reply to Steve Innis

by Michelle Agriesti -
For other newbies (like me):
If the WYSIWYG editor doesn't load in Firefox hit Ctrl+F5 to reload the page.