Delete all glossary entries?

Delete all glossary entries?

by Bill Mounce -
Number of replies: 4
I need to delete all the entries in the glossary. I am sure I used to be able to do this but I can't find the link. I am in 1.9. Thanks.

Bill
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Mounce

Re: Delete all glossary entries?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Bill,
There is no such thing as "the glossary". In Moodle courses you can have more than one glossary. To delete all the entries in any one glossary you either delete them one by one (tedious if there are many) or simple delete the glossary itself!
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Bill Mounce -
By "the glossary" I mean the main glossary. I did just delete the entire database and reinstalled, and that works. Hmmm. What about secondary glossaries. I have hundreds of entries and it seems a little strange you can't remove one glossary at a time. Has anyone tried deleting them from the mySQL database using phpMyAdmin or some such tool? Does that mess up other things in Moodle.

Thanks.

Bill
In reply to Bill Mounce

by Bill Mounce -
I found that in Moodle 1.9 you can reset a course and select only the glossary. Still seems strange I can't delete a single glossary entry. I can't even find how to modify it (I import them all).
In reply to Bill Mounce

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Bill > Still seems strange I can't delete a single glossary entry.

Of course you can delete a single glossary entry (see attached). What's the problem?

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg