Where's the recent version of NWiki?

Where's the recent version of NWiki?

by Lamar James -
Number of replies: 7
What and where is the most recent version of NWiki for Moodle 1.8.2?

I looked at the Modules and Pluggins - http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?id=6009 - but NWiki is not listed there. Why?

The DF Wiki website has NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007112201.zip as the most recent version, but I saw posts from other users that they cannot migrate the content from the standard wiki to this version.

Is there any other working wiki module that can replace the standard wiki on 1.8, and that migrate the old content to the new module?

Any recommendations about OU Wiki? Is there a MediaWiki integration for Moodle?

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lamar James

Re: Where's the recent version of NWiki?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
The latest version is
zip.gif NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007112201.zip
Pigui first posted this version as Beta when he recoded all the migration engine. And all the users kept loading the older version for 1.8, the bugs you talk abou are related to the older version. I'm considering rigth now this one to be our best shot. If you can test it in a sanboxed environment you feedback will be most useful to imporve the nwiki quality.
Cheers
L.

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Matt Gibson -

Hi Ludo,

is this one OK to use on 1.9 without serious errors?

Matt

In reply to Matt Gibson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
No not et. This version is the one for 1.8. Since late november we have been working on the 1.9 version that we will release I hope thiw week. I've just returned from a holiday trip to Marrakesh smile and I want to make some tests before releasing the 1.9 thing.
Cheers
L.

by Lamar James -
Not yet - what?

My question is not about 1.9, but about 1.8:

Is there any other Nwiki version for Moodle 1.8, other than NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007112201.zip which several users reported that it's not working?

Are you saying that you are not working on fixing the bugs for 1.8 because you're working on 1.9? Moodle 1.9 was not even released yet.

Please clarify.
In reply to Lamar James

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Clarifying:

To our knowledge all the migration bugs reported for the current 1.8 version are fixed. Any possible bug in the migration affects 1.8 as well as 1.9 cause the code is the same. So please, if you have any bug to report or ask if is solved please give us the link and I'll tell you if is fixed or not.

Rigth now we are working in the 1.9 version wich has its own issues dur to integration with moodle core libs in 1.9.

There is a known issue related to the behavior in group mode for 1.8.3 and above that we will not address, cause is related to some changes in the core lib that where rolled back in 1.9. However this does not affect the data migration nor crashes anything.

Some users reported bugs installing this version of NWiki cause they did not erase the old wiki files before copying the nwiki distribution. Maybe this is what you may have noticed?

Best
L.

by Lamar James -
Ludo,

Are you sure that this version is working?

In Migrating from Default Moodle Wiki to Nwiki problem I see a post (copied below) from Peter Ruthven-Stuart saying that he installed NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007112201.zip but it's not working because the data didn't migrate to the new wiki:
---------------------------------------------
Re: Migrating from Default Moodle Wiki to Nwiki problem
by Peter Ruthven-Stuart - Wednesday, 28 November 2007, 05:56 AM
Hello Jordi,

I finally got around to trying your new version of NWiki to check the migration bugs.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. sad

I copied over 3 courses from my production moodle site, which contain a total of 4 wiki activities. I then removed the original wiki directory from the moodle folder and replaced it with the Nwiki directory. I then accessed the admin page of the Moodle system and the migration process began. It lasted for about 25 minutes, but appeared to finish successfully: the [continue] button appeared, I clicked on it, and was returned to the top page.

However, on entering each wiki activity, I found that they were empty of all content: none of the content that was in the orginal wikis had been carried over. On the other hand, when accessing the MySQL database, I can see that the mdl_wiki_pages table appears to hold all the contents of the original wikis.

Any idea what might be happening?

In reply to Lamar James

by Roberta Militello -
Can someone verify for me that the Nwiki download located at NWiki2.0_Moodle1.8_rev2007112201.zip actually works (does not have a migration bug) and is appropriate for Moodle v1.8.2. ? Our implementation uses a virtual domain which may complicate matters. Has anyone actually gotten this to work or is this still a BETA product? When can we expect to see the download available on the Moodle download page. Thanks everyone.