I have tried to migrate from the default moodle wiki to Nwiki, but have had no luck .
I intended to follow these 4 steps, but only got through part of step 4:
- Restore (install) courses containing eWiki activites into my experimental moodle system.
- Remove the wiki directory (i.e. eWiki) from the mod directory on the server.
- Install the various directories in the 'wiki_1.8_rev2007061102 Folder' into the correct locations in the experimental moodle directory on the server.
- Access the admin of the experimental moodle via a web browser: at this stage the system recognises the existence of a new module (Nwiki) and creates the relevant MySQL tables, and carries out the 'migration' process etc.
I then reloaded the page, and got these 'messages'
(mysql): SHOW TABLES
(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_modules WHERE name = 'dfwiki' LIMIT 1
dfwiki installed. Upgrading dfwiki (start)
(mysql): SHOW COLUMNS FROM `mdl_modules`
(mysql): UPDATE mdl_modules SET name = 'dfwiki', version = '2006052502', cron = '2007053101', lastcron = '0', search = '', visible = '0' WHERE id = '23'
dfwiki installed. Upgrading dfwiki (end)
wikis to dfwiki (start)->
(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_wiki
(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_wiki_entries WHERE wikiid='1' LIMIT 1
(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_modules WHERE name = 'wiki' LIMIT 1
(mysql): SELECT * FROM mdl_course_modules WHERE module=22 AND instance=1 LIMIT 1
Reloading the page again gets the same messages. The only way to get back to the top page is to remove the NWiki module from the mod directory.
Just to make sure that Nwiki would install correctly into my system, I removed the course that contained the instance of a Wiki activity, so that there were no old wikis in my system. This time, the installation was a success, so it seems that there is a bug in the migration process.
My experimental Moodle is running on the following system:
PowerBook G4, Mac 10.4.10
moodle 1.8.3 (downloaded 29th October from CVS)