Embedded Answers-how to use them?

Embedded Answers-how to use them?

by Pawel Kuznar -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I want to use Embedded Answers in my quiz. I have read all help files concerning Embedded Aswers but my quiz doesn't work.

1.I would like to create a multichoice quiz with embedded answers. I need someone who can show me step-by-step what I should do.

2. It is written in help files that the text of the question with embedded answers must be in Moodle format. How to do it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pawel Kuznar

Re: Embedded Answers-how to use them?

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Pawel Kurnar,

I am not sure what you mean by embedded questions, but there are missing word questions, that look like this.

The format for the missing {~submarine#No, don't be ridiculous. =word#Yes! ~person#No.} format is this.

Which, with answer shuffling switched on, would appear as

The format for the missing                  format is this. 
                                                         A person
                                                         B submarine
                                                         C word 
This format is called the GIFT format (documentation) and some examples in the CVS.

You would need to

1. Create a text file with your questions.
  2. Create a quiz. Create a quiz category.
  3. Select that category.
  4. Click on up import questions from file.
  5. Find and import your GIFT format text file.
  6. Move the questions accross to the left, from the category into the quiz proper.

And presto.

Tim
takemoto

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

Re: Embedded Answers-how to use them?

by Pawel Kuznar -

Dear Tim

Thank you very much for your reply.

The result of the use of embedded  answers is that you can see  lists  (with possible answers) and input areas within the statements. You will find an example here:

http://moodle.org/help.php?module=quiz&file=multianswer.html

Could you explain me how to get the same effect. It does not works. Maybe I have a new version of moodle and this is the reason of this?

Your description of importing questions in the GIFT format is very useful. I would be very glad if you would explain Embedded Answers in the same manner.

Pawel