Passwords changed when using backup and restore to a clean install?

Passwords changed when using backup and restore to a clean install?

by David Brighton -
Number of replies: 3
We are trying to move from MsSQL to MySQL with a clean install and I thought the easiest and safest way to do this would be backup and restore, bringing students and log files as part of this. It seems to work ok except that all the passwords have been changed in the process. Any clues as to how this works or how to overcome it? We are moving from a version 1.7.1 to 1.8.3.

Regards

David
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Brighton

Re: Passwords changed when using backup and restore to a clean install?

by David Brighton -
Have finally worked this out. As some of the users were originally enrolled via email, they can no longer log in, as that method is no longer allowed. Found the answer: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Upgrading_to_Moodle_1.8#Multi_Authentication eventually, what a waste of time.
In reply to David Brighton

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
David - I'm glad you were able to work it out and thanks for reporting back what you found so that your experience may help others. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by David Brighton -
Yes, moodle has so many powerful functions it it sometimes almost impossible to find the answer amongst the huge quantity of info! I have found another problem though with user avatars not being backed up. Starting another thread for that one. Cheers, D