Can MC answers be formatted (italics and such)?

Can MC answers be formatted (italics and such)?

by ben reynolds -
Number of replies: 2
I'm pretty sure this question hasn't been asked recently. I'm also pretty sure I know the answer sad

I'm teaching a language course, and I need to italicize certain words so as to indicate that they are words.

Example:
a. The sentence divides between teacher and is.

But, there are no formatting options in the answer line. And, I just discovered that Moodle kills any attempt to put html tags into the answer line. So, all I can get is plain vanilla.

a. The sentence divides between teacher and is.

But in the feedback to that choice, I can italcize the words.

Correct. The sentence divides between teacher and is.

I'm trying to avoid conflicting methods of indicating words. "teacher" and teacher. If I can't format in the answer line, any workarounds or brilliant alternatives would be welcomed.

I'm not thrilled about using "teacher" as the single method, since I think the added punctuation will lead to confusion in more complicated settings where direct quotation has to be incorporated.
Did you say "The sentence divides between 'teacher' and 'is'?"
That's US style, but you see what I mean.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to ben reynolds

Re: Can MC answers be formatted (italics and such)?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can put in HTML there. After 1.8 was released, there was a bug that stopped it working, but it should have been fixed not in 1.8.x. Sorry, I can't remember exactly when.

Ah, but CVS can: http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/question/type/multichoice/edit_multichoice_form.php?r1=1.6&r2=1.6.2.1 That was just after 1.8, and before 1.8.1.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Can MC answers be formatted (italics and such)?

by ben reynolds -
Thanks, Tim. I'm not a programmer, but I can see the substantial difference there. This will make a big difference.