Moodle use for Clinical Trial Review

Moodle use for Clinical Trial Review

by Will Zrnchik -
Number of replies: 0

First, thank you to any and all who can assist. I am very new to Moodle so the plan of attack is foggy to me.

Situation

I am building a clinical trail review website. It will hold images of 15-20 subjects (over 100 images in all) that physicians will view. After they review each subject, they are required to complete three PDF files (the forms will be filled out and electronically submitted to a third party). Once they have seen an image set and completed the PDF files, the Principle Investigator does not want them to have access to the set again. Also, if possible, to randomize the order of the PDFs for each subject (one time PDF1/PDF2/PDF3, then PDF3/PDF1/PDF2, and so on).

Terms and Agreements

Another issue is the site policy. It is currently in a window, but they want a full page so that the user has to view the entire file prior to submitting a Agree/Disagree choice. I considered a Choice Question as Topic 2, but how can I make it so that the remaining topics (each subject is a topic unless there is a better way) are not viewable until the user Agrees? So I used the Site Policy but the widow thing is not what they want.

Current Configuration

Currently I have each subject as a topic. Is this the best way? Would a lesson be better suited? If so the some seriousl guidance per the first paragraph would be needed on my part. I have two items per subject/topic: image gallery with the PDF forms and then a Lesson asking if they completed the PDFs. This is not available in following subjects until they have comleted the one previously. The problem is the images are still viewable and there is no way I know of to embed the image gallery into the lesson so they can see it and open the PDFs at the same time.

Conceptual Flow

1. Welcome Screen
  2. User Agreement
  3. Subject 1 Opened
  • Subject 1 Image Review (images available during PDF completion)
    • PDF1
    • PDF2
    • PDF3
  • Subject 1 Closed
Subject 2 Opened
  • Subject 2 Image Review (images available during PDF completion)
    • PDF3
    • PDF2
    • PDF1
  • Subject 2 Closed
Subject 3 Opened...

...And so on

I hope this makes sense.

You can reach me through here or at will@pemphigus.org.

Thank you

Will

Average of ratings: -