Metacourse as library of resources

Metacourse as library of resources

by Richard Platts -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I know there is a lot of discussion of metacourses here & I'm beginning to understand what they are, but I wan tto know how I might accomplish somethign else. And if a meta-course is exactly waht I need.

I've spent ages generating about 90 web page resources in moodle which contain stories for my students to read in German. Some with pictures, etc.

I teach in a US middle school. so I use a new course for each quarter to keep the amount of material managable for my kids.

Is there a way to have a library of resources (web pages) that I as the teacher can pull from (or potentially share) easily and put them where I need them in my course.

Right now the pages are all hidden on the tenth week of the courses. But, I will have to move them into the quarters I plan on using them.

----------------
I would love an easy way to create a repository of resources (not just web pages) that I could pull from and drop in as needed, and then potentially share these resources with others within our Moodle. I'm sure it's possible, but is it easy?

Thanks.

Rich
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Platts

Re: Metacourse as library of resources

by John Isner -
I'm sure it's possible, but is it easy?

Unfortunately, the answer is "no" to both questions. See MDL-9134 and please vote for it! Limited sharing is possible--for example, among child courses of a metacourse--but even that is not straightforward to accomplish, and the sharing is not transparent. The tracker issue mentions several of the most common workarounds.
In reply to John Isner

Re: Metacourse as library of resources

by Richard Platts -
Thanks for the reply. . . I'm pretty sure that importing and copying is my short-term solution, but I'd love to see some more work on this in a future release.