Install stops at 'checking environment'

Install stops at 'checking environment'

by Onno Hardebol -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

I hoping that someone here can help me out. I trying to install the latest 1.8.3+ on a freshly installed (and fully patched and updated) Mandriva 2008 PowerPack server and the install script seems to stop at 'checking the environment'.

I've tried several languages (just to be sure), but that didn't solve it.

The box I am installing it on is an old PIII 450 with 512Mb RAM. So it might just be that it takes a couple of hours to do the check. I'll let it sit through the night, see if that changes anything, but I find it hard to believe that.

Can anyone here point me in some direction?

Onno
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Onno Hardebol

Re: Install stops at 'checking environment'

by Onno Hardebol -
Update:

Tried different versions. I have the problem with version 1.8.3+ , 1.8.3 and the 1.7-latest.

Next thing I tried is to edit the config.php.dist by hand and make my own config.php.

IT WORKS! up til the point where it wants to set up the database. According to the screen that works flawlessly, but there is no "continue-button". Also, the link that is supposed to bring me there, doesn't really do anything. So basically, I'm still screwed.

So far this has cost me three evenings and I'm still no further than when I started. If no-one comes up with an idea or two very soon, I'm forced to give up.

Onno