Auto restore Sandpit?

Auto restore Sandpit?

by Seth Dickens -
Number of replies: 1
Hi there folks,

I would like to setup a sandpit site on my homepage to allow my users to try out a working Moodle and experiment with its functions. I wanted it to reset to a fresh installation every day as I don't want to run the risk of having folk post spam / nonsense to the sandpit. I basically had three questions to ask you all:

• Do you know a way I can have an automatically renewed Moodle installation so that my users can have a brand new Moodle to play with?
  • Do you think it would be of more benefit to my users to have a brand new Sandpit Moodle or a Moodle that other people had already tried mucking around with?
  • Do you think I should worry about spam / inappropriate use of the Moodle? Perhaps I could just set up a sandpit and renew it once a month?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Seth smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Seth Dickens

Re: Auto restore Sandpit?

by Luciano Rodriguez -
Seth,
I think you can make a cron script that does this.
The script will stop the mysqld, then copy the mysql data folder and replace the old, then copy the moodle data folder, and then start mysql.

I think this will work in theory, though I have not tried it yet, I think its possible with a cron script running monthly. I hope this helps.

-Luciano