LDAP enrollment by groups

LDAP enrollment by groups

by Éric Bugnet -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi all,

My LDAP enrollemnt just begin to work this week, and I'm looking for something more...

For now, in my AD OU, I have group named as my course, and in this group, I can put some user, and there enrollement work fine like that.

I'm looking if in this group, i can put other AD groups ?
On AD, I can using local group named as my course, and I can put others groups in the "course" group. But then, auto enrollment doesn't work for my users...

Is it possible ???

Thanks !
Eric
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Éric Bugnet

Re: LDAP enrollment by groups

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm afraid group nesting doesn't work with Moodle sad

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Éric Bugnet -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Thanks Inaki...
It could be usefull for next realises, I think...

Eric
In reply to Éric Bugnet

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sure, but there is very little demand for it, and no one has stepped up to implement it sad

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Max Wild -
LDAP was never conceived to hold the detail of students being assigned to courses so largely it is useless for enrollment on Moodle courses.
Most (surely 99.9%) of establishments will have a MIS that is used to control course membership, timtables, attendance etc.
It is a relatively simple matter to link Moodle to the MIS but it could be even easier if the providers of the MIS understood this use and thought through how the link can be made easier.
Similarly the Moodle developers should realise that it would be useful to be able to take advantage of the course ID being not unique so that more than one course could be linked to just one course in the MIS
Finally (!), if this was sorted it should be possible for the automatic creation of groups within courses. An example of this would be the, say, 4 teaching groups all studying Maths in Year 9 - they would all be enrolled on the same Moodle course but each teaching group would be in a separate Moodle group.
Maxwell Wild
Manchester High School for Girls
In reply to Éric Bugnet

回應: LDAP enrollment by groups

by Yang Joann -

Dear Eric:

I'm setting my enrolment with LDAP as will, and I think I'm looking for the same thing as you did of enrollment by groups.

Now, we have no problem to login with LDAP, but after we set up LDAP enrollment by groups, we still get the page message of you are going to be the member of the course, are you sure?

Moreover, I couldn't choose LDAP enrollment in course setting, it still shows dafault / internal enrollment.

Can you please guess what's going on, please give me some cue.

Thank you!!!

Joann

In reply to Éric Bugnet

回應: LDAP enrollment by groups

by Yang Joann -

Dear Eric:

Will you be nice to help me to take a look the LDAP setting of my site? I do have the problem to get my LDAP server to connect with Moodle. The LDAP authority is working ok, but I couldn't get LDAP enrollment functionable!

I attached the setting of our setting, could you please help us? Thank you very much!

Joann

Attachment LDAP.gif