Edit profile screen when new user logs in for first time

Edit profile screen when new user logs in for first time

by Jakem Schott -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

I am testing the upload users from a file option in moodle. I use LDAP authentication for my users and everything seems to work well and as I would expect. I have noticed when a new user is created by logging into the moodle database for the first time it prompts the user to edit their profile. Alternatively when I create users from a text file upload the user is not prompted with the edit profile screen but goes directly to the list of courses available. Firstly is the behaviour normal. Secondly is there a way to override this i.e. all new users when they first login are presented with their user profile screen.

Thanks for any advice

Jake

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jakem Schott

Re: Edit profile screen when new user logs in for first time

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There are several mandatory fields in user profile. If you don't fill them when you create the account, then the user is redirected to the profile page the first time s/he logs in.

If you are creating users from LDAP, then you should map some LDAP attributes to the corresponding user profile fields, like name, surname, email, country and description (I think those are the mandatory fields, but I'm writing from memory, so I could miss one or two).

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

Re: Edit profile screen when new user logs in for first time

by Parvendra Singh -

Hi, I am using LDAP server for authenticating and updating the required fields in moodle.user table. also ,when edit profile page is displayed it shows all fiedls filled, so why it is not redirecting to course dashboard when all required fields are filled. can you please help, if something needs to be done in code. This problem is not coming on on stagging server though,thats weired.

Thranks