Backup and Import features failing

Backup and Import features failing

by Dead Guy -
Number of replies: 2
G'day--

I am running Moodle on a unix-based site that was upgraded to 1.8.+ 2 months ago. Everything has been running great until this week.

I need to import a large number of course elements from an existing course to a new course under development. I opened the new course as the administrator, and chose Import. I was able to select the "source" course from which I need to import. The list of elements opens, sorted by type, and I can select all the stuff I need. But when I click Continue, all I get is a screen titled Choose a Course at (myurl)/backup/backup.php! Thinking perhaps I need to then select the destination course, I selected the dev course, but that just dropped me into the normal backup module routine!

As a test, I have tried perform normal backups on both the source and destination courses, selecting "all". When I click Continue, I get the same "Choose Course" page!

What is going on? I am under a terrible time crunch and absolutely must get this working by next week!dead

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem?
Am I just overlooking something simple (or complex)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dead Guy

MORE: Backup and Import features failing

by Dead Guy -
I've duplicated the main problem (not being able to use an archive as the source for a new course), but did eventually find that I can backup *part* of a course-- It looks like the backup works as long as I don't select to include all the supporting course files (media clips, images, etc.) or prior user data.  The resultant zip file is under 1 MB, as opposed to the 40MB+ older archives, making me wonder if there is some sort of size or processing time restriction at play here...
In reply to Dead Guy

Re: MORE: Backup and Import features failing

by Van Howell -
I got a similar problem. My course backup file is less than 1Mb with the entire course. I still do not get the entire course restored.