Only students are added to the participant list??

Only students are added to the participant list??

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Translators
Hi,

The scenario is that we want the students to see other roles on the participant list and they can only see the role: Student.

Do we have to change the role capability on the student: moodle/role:viewhiddenassigns to 'Allow' or how can we see other roles than Student in the participant list?

Thanks,

Cheers,
Jens
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Only students are added to the participant list??

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
I have reported it in the tracker: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-12147

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
Any hints?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Something's odd there on your site ... normally you can see all participants. For example:

http://moodle.org/user/index.php?contextid=53&roleid=3&id=5&perpage=20&accesssince=0&search=&group=0
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
I have to add that this happens for a new role created on the legacy role of a editing teacher. This role becomes invisible on the participant list. - what capability decide this? (And yes: moodle/course:viewparticipants = Allow) smile

by Arnaud Saint-Georges -
Bonjour,

Presently (with my Moodle 1.8.2) only the users having moodle/course:view capability and not being 'Admin' are listed as participants.
Has your new role moodle/course:view capability ?

Arnaud

From user/index.php:
if ($roles = get_roles_used_in_context($context, true)) {
// We should ONLY allow roles with moodle/course:view because otherwise we get little niggly issues
// like MDL-8093
// We should further exclude "admin" users (those with "doanything" at site level) because
// Otherwise they appear in every participant list
$canviewroles = get_roles_with_capability('moodle/course:view', CAP_ALLOW, $context);
$doanythingroles = get_roles_with_capability('moodle/site:doanything', CAP_ALLOW, $sitecontext);

In reply to Arnaud Saint-Georges

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators
Bonjour Arnaud,

Merci for your input:

Both moodle/course:view &
moodle/course:viewparticipants are set to: Allow

That's is why I feel it makes very little sense that the student can only see normal editing teacher (and other none-admin standard roles) - but if you create a new role, the student cannot see the newly created role despite that it is a legacy role of a 'standard-role'.